Well, here I am back at Kaleo to where the adventure began. Well at camp but you get the point. I had mixed feelings to coming back. Kaleo has played a pretty significant role in my life. However, I didnt feel well rested enough to come back. Home wasn't what I expected it to be. It was a challenge but it was good to see family and friends. Had some good talks with people and one i hadn't talked to in like 9ish months so that was refreshing. I feel that the summer will be a better time to catch up with people. I didnt want to go all over the place saying hi to people because i knew i needed to catch up on sleep. For the month before and during I have been in a slump in terms of not wanting to really do anything and i think it had to do with the fact that I'm burnt out.
Anywho, I was glad i didnt stay home an extra week because otherwise I would have missed a good class. Theology of Mission. I am thinking of going into the mission field so it was good to learn about some of the theology behind mission. The prof was really engaging and it was really encouraging to learn from someone who is so passionate about what they teach. It had me really thinking of what i want to pursue in life. I hate to say it but i think i might be going to Briercrest. Its not official at all but its a big possibility. They have a Global Studies program that sounds really interesting and something that would be up my alley. The only thing for me is knowing what i want to do. Im I doing Global studies just because it sounds interesting or is Missions what i really want to do. This summer will be a good time for me to think about what i want to do. I'm going be doing two missions trips. One in Argentina and the other in New York city so ill see what happens.
One thing from last semester that i really have to change is my attitude towards New Life, my kaleo church, and my disciplines in terms of reading the bible and prayer. Youth ministry and camp ministry is a challenge for me because i am not passionate about those two things. I know they are very valuable ministries its just i am not passionate about them. I am not going to complain about it and im going do them as best as i can this semester. I hope to grow even closer to God this year and get out of the 'slump' im in right now. It's going be a fresh start this semester and I'm excited for it.
Hey bro! Awesome to hear that you'll be going to Argentina and NYC for those missions trips... but just a thought - aren't you already 'in the mission field'? While Kaleo may be a time of learning, growing, and becoming more solid in your faith, don't forget that our every day actions, choices, and attitudes stand for something... something that people around us, notice. Make sure that even in the 'between times', you're standing for God... not just while on specific missions trips. :)
ReplyDelete