This week we had a week of class, Church Ministry. I was looking forward to this class. We had to do pre work on two solid books so i was excited to see what the prof had to say. I don't like church polotics but it was good to learn about roles of elders, deacons, etc. It was pretty sweet to learn and talk about, as there are so many views on what it is. On tuesday we had another fireside (where students go to full time staff houses for a little bit). IT was just a fun time playing games, tim tam slams, oreos and milk, and talking about pranks. It's so good to just get out and just have fun.
On thursday night we went to the festival of lights in Ladysmith. It was a sweet parade but the firework show was even better. We were right under them so it was the closest I've ever seen fireworks. It reminded me of the end of camp where we had fireworks at the end of youth camp and it was just a peaceful thing. The parade reminded me of christmas and I'm so pumped to go home and get rest. It has been a long 6 months for me and im just really ready for a break.
We ended the week off with just having class. I really enjoyed it and it was good to learn about the church. We had a pastor panel and 6 people came to answer questions. It really moved me to be more involved with my church and even tho it isn't like my home church it is the church I'm helping out for the year.
On friday i got to babysit the staff kids as they had a staff christmas party. There were 14 kids! and 4 of us. IT was so much fun but at the end of the night i was dead. My shoulders hurt so much from so many piggy back rides! but it was worth it. I love hanging out with kids as they bring so much joy. During lunch on wendsday i was having a hard day and when i saw jay's kids i just had to run around with them. They give me so much joy.
On Saturday some people went to Mt. Washington to go skiing while others of us went to Nanaimo to hang out. It was good to get out again and I got to see harry potter which was pretty sweet. I havent been able to see a lot of movies in theatres so it was good to go see one. I just hope i end the semester off well!
No comments:
Post a Comment