Well i think i missed a week in posting so ill summarize in this post. Theology of mission was a really good course. The thing that sucked was that we didn't get the pre work so there is a lot of homework following that class. There wasn't too much scheduled for the next week. It was a homework week to say the least. There was some interuptions that were pretty welcomed hah. I got to experience skating again. something i haven't done since breaking my ankle. I was a little nervous at first but it felt good. Other than that there wasn't to much on the go. I read a book for theology of mission called Let The Nations Be Glad which ended up being a pretty good read. I never realized how many times going out to the nations was mentioned in the Bible.
This past week I got to enjoy another out trip. This time to the mountains for a week of snowboarding! I never had the joy of going snowboarding before so it was a new challenge. We left camp at like 5:30 in the morning. That was tough getting out of bed. We spent 5 days at Mount Washington in a very nice chalet. It included 3 hottubs and i was really blown away. I'm from ontario so I really enjoy getting to see mountains everyday and now i had the opportunity to snowboard down one. It was pretty tricky for me to get the hang of it and I turned out not to be a snowboard prodigy so that was a bummer. We got to go snowboarding or skiing for 4 days and on wednesday we had the chance to go snowshoeing and snow tubing so that was really fun as well. I fell a whole bunch and didn't really snowboarded rather i snow plowed. I coud snowboard on my heals pretty good but i couldnt get it on my toes at all. I had a lot of bruises but thankfully i didnt break anything even though i want a matching scar on my right ankle..
Some people ask me what kaleo is all about and it is a hard thing to describe. People may think that its all about out trips but its something more than that. The community is a huge part of what makes kaleo. It was an incredible experience snowboarding but the chapels we had with each other and it was truly a bonding experience. These trips are part of creating the community. It hasn't been that unified but its starting. Coming back from christmas break there is a different vibe here. On the snowboard trip that vibe carried on. It was really good to get to know the people and sharing small quarters made it that much better. We are starting to give one another a name. It gave us a chance to talk to one person and we shared hopes for that one person. It was really cool and impacting for our group on a whole.
Jim, the kaleo leader, also challenged us with the questions Who is God and Who are we. It was something i needed to hear and it was really good. Having Jim as a leader is amazing. He is both wise and genuine and he really shapes kaleo into what it is. The big question i get is what i'm going do after and i honestly don't know. This year is foundational year for me and it has given me a year to essentialy find out who i am. I'm unsure of what that im going to do but im content with that. I have 12ish weeks left here and im going to make the best with the time i have left and i'll answer that question when i have a firm grasp of what i am passionate about and to hear God's call for my life
No comments:
Post a Comment