11/1/10

Beginning To Break

This Week was pretty big for me. We had a chapel in which we could share confessions and yeah it brought Kaleo closer yet again. Like I said in my last post, I wanted this year to be a year of change in me. After the chapel I know this change is going to take place. Though I didn't say anything in chapel, it was after that really got me. For this post I just want to share what I wrote down after that chapel.

Beginning to break.

Well God, you have finally gotten me to break. This emotional build up of a wall has finally started to break. It was so good to cry God. It felt refreshing. I want to grow this year and I finally understand why I need to talk to people and more importantly You. Everything that was spoken tonight literally took the words out of my mouth. I am stubborn and reluctant to change. There is even a sense of disbelief. I need a prayer life God. I feel a sense of emptiness and sorrow. I want to be more like you. Bring in me a sense of joy; a joy i once had. Happiness is what I long for. A sense of peace to reign in me. I long for your Holy Spirit to enter again and remain. Mould me and shape me. To You I give my life. I am uncomfortable and long for comfort.

After the chapel i just broke down and needed to get emotions out. It has been a long summer for me and I havent been able to have the the downtime that I need to have every once and a while. I am beginning to change.

Last weeks post I posted Ephesians 4 and Matthew posted Colossians 3. After chapel I read this verse and yeah it just goes into detail from Ephesians. It was a pretty sweet verse and it really applies to my life.

Colossians 3: 5-10, 12-14

" Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator....Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

This pretty much summed up what has been going on. I need to take off the old self and put on the new self with God.

On another note we had OT. It was really good to study the OT because it is something I havent really looked at before in the last little while. We also made a movie of the OT in one week. It was hard work! Yeah until next time,

later days

Mike

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing Mike, and it was so good to see you this past weekend. Wish we could have sat down for a heart to heart. Woulda loved that. But you will be in prayers!

    ReplyDelete