Hey there.
After a really fast paced time at Kaleo, it's time to go back to the grind. A month and a half in, I have gone hiking up a mountain, sailing on a boat, and surfing in the ocean. It has been an amazing time just meeting people and getting to know people. For the upcoming weeks we have 3 classes and not so much 'fun' stuff. It will be a change of pace for sure. I didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm excited to begin classes. Bring it on. haha.
This week was a pretty chill week. We had two days of camp ministry to begin the week. Sid Koop, a speaker at Qwanoes this summer, was coming so i was pretty pumped for that. I loved what Sid Koop had to say about teen culture and how rapidly its changing. He was such a good speaker. On a whole it was an okay class. A lot of the stuff that was talked about I heard before, but it was still a good two days of class.
On Wednesday we got to go caving! It was a pretty awesome experience. We watched the Chiliean miners the day before, so im not going lie I was a little freaked. It was so cool tho. I didn't even know what to expect. Just being underground and seeing such narrow passages in the rock was super cool. I really need to get myself a camera. We also got to spend some time at goats on a roof (no goats tho :( ) and we also got to go swimming in Nanaimo. It was Tyler's birthday so at the end of the day we kidnapped him and went out for sushi. First time ever having sushi! Never thought I would like it.
The rest of the week was just prepping for retreats and having some chill time. For the course of the year we are linked up with staff members and mine so happens to be a Leafs fan! They invited me and Anna over for supper which was so nice. It's really nice to get away from camp to enjoy some time at other peoples houses. The Kiezers are pretty awesome people. There two sons are full of energy so it was fun to play with them. On Saturday I got invited over again to watch some hockey night in canada! However, my Leafs got destroyed. But oh well, it was fun to go to the Kiezers house again.
One thing from the week that really impacted Kaleo on a whole was chapel on monday night. We went to the guest house, an amazing 100 year old building, to just share with one another. It was a really uplifting time. In my opinion, it brought Kaleo even closer. I just hope that it continues this way and we will be one big family.
The thing that I brought was a verse. Ephesians 4:20-24 "You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
What I really want to get out of this year is to take off the old self. This is a year of growth for me. I grew a lot last year, but i wanted to go deeper in my faith. I want to put off this old self which is really being corrupted and to put on the new self with God. I want to build a foundation for my life. At times I don't want to change. It's weird because I have been changing. This summer was a really hard summer for me. It was a good summer but now i feel really tired on all levels. I'm hoping that with this change of pace that I will be able to put my focus on God and to really listen to his call on my life. I'm excited for it. I know I'm supposed to be hear and I'm excited to be broken so that I can really be able to put on the new self.
Later days,
Mike
Colossians 3 man, so good. See you soon.
ReplyDelete