10/10/10

I'm On A Boat

Another week in the adventurous year of Kaleo gone bye. This weeks special focus, a 130 foot, wait for it, BOAT!! Not once in a million years did I expect to find myself on a sailboat. I was so pumped to become a pirate! Swabbing the deck and all. We had an amazing opportunity to go sailing with a ministry called S.A.L.T.S. I dont remember what it means but it was sweet. I didn't really know what to expect going into it at all. I was thinking it was going be so boring. The question that kept popping up in my head was, what I'm i going do on a 130 foot boat for 5 days? It's going to be so boring, but I was wrong. Everyone was split into watches, 3 groups of people who would essentially run the boat. The boat had 5 crew members who were just awesome people to know. I loved the simplicity of living on a boat. We slept in the bottom and ate down there as well. There was no getting away from people on this trip. haha. As much fun as sailing may sound it was an awesome opportunity for our group to get connected. We had the chance to talk with people that we wouldn't always gotten the chance to. God blessed us with amazing weather on the boat. only once did we have rain and that was on the last day.

We were split into watches so i got to know some more people on a deeper level. The watches would rotate throughout the day and each day was different. One of my favourite things we did with our watch was going onshore with the dories. haha. what an experience that was. everyone thought we were going tip into the cold water. I did have a chance to go in the water. I was the FIRST one to go off the rope swing that the crew attached. hoisting sails was also a new experience. It was hard work but so good. one thing I wish happend was to go faster with the sails up.

What I loved most about the trip was being away from the familiarity. We were sailing on the ocean! It really gave me a good glimpse of God's creation. Seeing porpoises also was so sweet. I'm not used to ocean or mountains so to be in BC I really see God's beauty. I loved just hanging out with people and hearing there stories. There is just such an amazing opportunity to grow as a group. I don't really know whats happening this year, but i believe I am building a relationship with God through class and through sweet out trips. Its going be a year of growth and im so pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment