11/15/10

This And That...

Hello there

As I'm sitting here I dont really know what to type. This week we had another class. We had a class called Hermenuetics. I wasn't to sure what it was going to be about, but i learned that it's interpreting the Bible which was pretty sweet. For a long time I really wanted to read my Bible more but the more i thought I just didnt know where to start. What I learned in this week was to read the Bible for all its worth. I thought it was just reading the text and getting something out of it. Now i know there is so much more. We looked at John 3:16 and yeah there was just so much more there than what i thought before. It was really refreshing to know a little more how to read the Bible. I'm excited to take what I've learned and apply it to my devotional life.

hmm week highlights. Monday I had class pretty well all day and then we had a gym night and it was just good to get some exercise. Tuesday night was pretty sweet. It was the first time we had chapel without leaders so it was really awesome to see the ideas bounce of one another of what direction we are going head into the year. This year is an amazing opportunity to share in community with one another. It's exciting. On wednesday I had the chance to go to the Chemainus theatre to go see a christmas carol. I usually dont go to plays but for some reason I decided to go and I enjoyed it. Maybe someday I'll go and see one on broadway. mmm nothing really stands out from thursday. Friday we finished class early and I had a chance to go out with Jay, one of the kaleo leaders. It was really good. That night I helped out with youth group and watched Toy Story 3. On saturday i helped out in the challenge course, hopefully for the last time. haha.

Sunday was a fun day. I got to babysit! It was Jay's wife birthday on sunday so i volunteered my roommate and I to babysit his three kids. Kiai - 4 Titus - 3 and Koen - 1. As you can see by the ages it was a gong show! but it was so fun. Those kids were such a blast. We were running around for a couple hours and just having a good time. We made chicken fingers,... i mean nuggets. the kids got confused because i said fingers.. and KD for them and it was just fun. Koen, who usually doesnt eat that much, ate 4 nuggets and a plate full of KD. it was impressive. The most challenging and new thing was changing a diaper. I must say me and erik did a good job with a little help from kiai. It was just soo good. I miss my nieces like crazy and im really sad about not spending a lot of time with them. i'm missing out on everything and they will be so big at christmas!

Im getting pretty excited about christmas. Its going be good to see the whole family and friends when I go back. This week is a week of prayer so everyday I get the chance to pray for an hour in the prayer room. I'm really looking forward to what conversations I'm going have with God and what I'm going learn.

- mike

No comments:

Post a Comment