3/1/11

God, You Are The Light In This Darkness

After getting back to Kaleo it was tough to get back into the swing of things. I had an amazing restful week away and it was tough to adjust to the busy pace that is Kaleo. I know it would be easier if it was over, but its not. I'm so glad that there is more. I know I'm not finished here and that I have a lot of growing to do within the last couple of weeks here. It was good to see people again. I have come to the point where I love the community here. In the next couple of weeks im going be more open to people and most importantly more open to God. It's been a long walk to get to where I am at and I know there is more trials to go through but I know it is creating perseverance. I honestly don't know what's next, but I'm content that I'm going find out. It has been a year of grace not only for me but for the whole group. It may not be what other Kaleo's have been but there has been lots of good. It's not good to dwell on what could have been but rather focus on whats right in front of you. I have been learning a lot to not dwell on things from the past. The people I have met before and have befriended before have been there for a reason at that time in my life. Redeemer was a good year for me, but it wouldn't be healthy for me to dwell only on the good without remembering the bad. I have been learning to let go of a lot of things which has been good for me to do. This weekend we had our second week of prayer and it was definately needed not only for me but for our group. We are all leaving on significant mission trips that are going be challenging and a test to our faith. Prayer is what strengthens us and allows us to have a intimate relationship with our creator. I am going to Argentina in a weeks time and I am so excited. Continued prayer and thought would be much appreciated.

Sunday I had the privilege of attending a beautiful church service. In my mind it was one of the best one's I have gone to this year at Kaleo. The worship was so good and I was enjoying that so much, which I usually don't on most occasions. Pastor Mark had a good message on worship and put it into a whole new perspective for me. He outlined his sermon to the Parable of the Good Samaratin and had a pretty impacting service. He said that when we grumble about going to church we are not doing the second commandment. He talked about how when we worship we are worshiping with a community of believers and when we don't want to attend we aren't lifting that person up who needs it. It needs to be selfless. I know when I was younger I used to grumble about going to church and especially grumbled when we had to sing. Over the past two sermon's I have listened to it made me realize that worship is about glorifying God and it is about loving our neighbour.

After the service we went to Pastor Marks house for an amazing time of fellowship. He talked to us about our mission trips and really encouraged us. He then prayed for our mission trips which was a huge blessing. I love hearing pastors pray and when it's specifically for you it is so impacting. I had the privilege of having my Pastor back at my home church be prayer partners with me. At first I didn't want that but it has worked out for the best and he has played a significant role in my walk with God. I enjoy going for coffee with him and catching up and it is always such a blessing to know he is praying for me as I'm out here. I'm excited to spend the summer at home and get to meet up with him.

At New Life we have met a pretty awesome couple, Jay and Michelle Brock, who are doing a church internship. Recently they made a documentary about Sex Trafficking and I had the chance to watch it tonight. They have started up Justice movie night at the church and tonight we got to watch there documentary. Michelle is really passionate for the issue and it has been on her mind for the last couple of years. Anywho, the movie was about sex trafficking in Canada. I didn't know it was so prevalent in Canada. I thought it was more of an issue overseas and in other countries. It was a very informative documentary and I recommend watching it. You can find it at their website http://www.hopeforthesold.com/ You can find it under resources. I am pretty passionate about social justice and ways to get involved so this was a good movie. Part of me next year wants to get involved with an organization to help in an area. Though it may not be sex trafficking, there are so many other ways to get involved with social justice. I hope to get a social justice movie night even in my own church this summer.

Next year I feel more and more content on taking a year off. I think I will work half and then half I want to work with an organization and like I said above I don't know what it will be. From watching the video it scares me to think of what goes on in this world, this darkness. It is horrible to even think of what man is possible. It makes me sick to think that people are trafficking humans and selling them as a commodity. It's all about power, money and greed and it sickens me. I want to bring light and the only way to do that is through God. Please pray for our government and judges as they are leaders of our country as they make decisions. Pray that they would put an end to sex trafficking in Canada and be able to fight for other countries. Pray for organizations and people like Jay and Michelle Brock. As a community of believers we have the power of prayer. Let us be a light and lead by not following the ways of this world.

Well thats all for this post. This week I have Gospels and so far so good. I feel its going be a pretty good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment