It would be much easier to go through the exit. However God is alling me to pursue the rest of this year. I'm excited to see whats going happen in the next little while. I know I wouldn't be the person I am if I didnt' persevere this year. No one said it was going to be tough or easy. I can tell you it's been a hard year. Someone asked me if I learned anything here. I am confident in saying yes I have learned so much behind quiet struggle. It has been a year of growth. I struggled quietly this year, not letting people know truly what I was thinking or feeling. God has made it known that I have to let things go and to let people in on whats going on in my life.
This past week we had a chapel and in that chapel the girls initiated something to let the guys know how much they do care for us. They didnt do anything boastful or over the top, but something servently. They each encouraged one person, than proceeded to wash our feet. It was to say the least unexpected but nonetheless beautiful and encouraging. I didn't feel worthy to have my feet washed, but they did it out of love. Our community has lacked being open, honest, and trusting. For the whole year we have been waitng for something big to happen and in that we didn't know how to really talk to one another. we have to, in a way, go back to the start (que coldplay....now!) and become honest and trusting. Nothing big is going happen until we are able to come alongside one another.
It's never to late for a "do-over". This past week we had a guy named Matthew come and share his testimony and he challenged us with his story. He did bible school for a year and then turned away from God for 14 years and is now back for his "do-over". It struck a chord with a lot of people here because like I said, our community hasn't always been that great. This year for me has been a time to break down walls that I have come to surround myself with. I need to surrender myself and be open with not only the people, but most importantly the Lord. I lack in the prayer and reading department, but recently I have gotten back into it. When I am in tune with the Lord I have a lot of joy and when im not I'm longing for the joy that I have when I'm in tune with the Lord
This week we had to say goodbye to a brother. He was a difficult person to love and he admitted this before he left. I had trouble loving him, but through his question and attitude I saw a lot of who I used to be. He challenged me a lot and even though I didn't get to know him a whole lot he did challenge me. It was sad/hard to say goodbye to him because he was finally at the point to accept the community. It took a lot out of our community and it was hard to say bye. I'm regretting not getting to know him more. I can just imagine the pain at the end of this year. I have come to love this community and its going be tough to say goodbye amidst the hardship that this year has brought.
My brothers and sisters who are going to India had a pretty tough week this week. I urge you who are reading to take the time right now to stope reading my blog and to pray for my friends going to India. Even though you don't know them, I encourage you to pray. In the larger picture we are all family. Please pray for strength. Not only physical strength but also mental and most of all spiritual strength. Pray that they will be the hands and feet of Christ and that they will surrender to what the Lord has in store. Pray for boldness. Pray that throughout their struggle or whatever is hindering them that they will be able to persevere. They are going to be a light in a dark place in the world.
This week I had Gospels. We went through matthew while making pit stops in Mark, Luke, and John. There was SO much to be taught. I would have loved to have this class for a longer period of time rather than a week. There is so much to learn about Jesus and his teachings. We went back to essentially the very core Christian beliefs. It was refreshing to go into depth. It was like having a week long Bible study.
It has been a pretty hard week. I had a lot of class and then an exam and paper due on the weekend and on top of that I had to get ready for Argentina! I am looking forward to what God is going to do through me. We are going to be doing some pretty cool things. We are putting on a retreat, doing some "hands-on" things, putting on a day camp, and of course touring around Argentina. Nothing is set in stone, but I know that it's going to be an impacting trip in which God is going to challenge me. I ask you again to pray for me. Pray that I may take initiative to take every opportunity and use it for God's glory. Pray that I will go there not to be served, but to serve the Argentina community. PRay also that I may have boldness and have a willingness to serve with humbleness. I can't believe I drive out tomorrow to vancouver and fly out tuesday!
Although this week was busy I was still able to enjoy the company of my sister dorm. We haven't really done anything so we had a dorm date! Me and Erik too them to the Badke's house for a tea party (Yeah that's right a tea party) and then we made encouragement cards for our amazing interns. This hasn't been just a hard year for me or the other students, but also for all the leaders involved. The year hasn't gone how they envisioned it, but nonetheless it is a year of grace amidst the struggle. Anyways thats it until I come back from Argentina. I appreciate all your prayers. Peace be with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment