It seems like it was just yesterday when I last posted. The weeks are going bye faster and faster. It's quite a sad thought that it will be ending so soon. Where has the time gone...
This week was a pretty solid week. I didn't think I had to change this year, but I was wrong. I have changed a lot and I'm excited about it. I let go of a lot of things and understand that i needed change this year. It has been a year of Grace and as much as I didn't think it was, it is and it keeps going back to that year. Outside of the out trips and class weeks I feel I have wasted a lot of this year in terms of building on a intimate relationship with God. On Tuesday night Tyler really brought up that guys aren't taking initiative and that the spiritual aspect of our time here has essentially not been here. It was a good reminder for me because I wanted to grow in my walk with God and by not being in the word or in prayer I am failing. There is two months left. Two months of Grace for wasting this year. I am going give my all to God and finish off strongly.
This week we had two days to rest and prepare for three days of camp ministry. It hasn't been a class I was looking forward to, but it was pretty good. Sid Koop came to teach about camp and youth ministry. He is a youth pastor in Lethbridge, Alberta and he is truly a man after God's heart. I felt encouraged by him. I wish I would have learned some of the content before working at camp because that would have been very helpful for me.
On saturday we went to town to do a photo scavenger hunt. It was pretty fun but the most important thing was hanging out with the community which hasn't always been happening.
Church was really good as well on sunday. Pastor Mark preached on what worship is and how it is to be done. It was also a good reminder for me because I'm not very good at worshiping. It helped me to know that it is about worshiping God and if there is a song I don't like I have to remember it is about worshiping God. After Church I went with the Argentina team to Melissa Holland for our teams overnighter. I am so pumped to be going. I finally have an idea of what I'm going be doing :).
No comments:
Post a Comment