Hello all
This week we had a reading break! The Garners, who i knew from the summer, opened up there home to me and my roommates. John and I were the only ones who went while Erik stayed back, which would have been a good idea because there was a LOT of homework i needed to catch up on. I opted to go because I really needed to get away from camp. WE are blessed with a really nice piece of property, but at the same time you just need to get away. It was such a blessing :)
Sunday after i finished working with Qwanoes i left for Surrey to get out of camp. I met Amy over the summer and briefly met Nancy, her mom. We went out for supper and it was a chance to meet the people who i would be staying with, the craziest, funniest family i have ever stayed with.
Monday I slept in. it was so good to just sleep and do some homework and watch movies and just relax. Monday didn't really consist of anything productive. We had steak that night so that was good!
Tuesday was a pretty sweet day. I slept in again and I got to drive to trinity western. I knew a couple friends from the summer so i went to go visit. I also have a high school friend who now goes there. It was so good to see her as it was almost a year since the last time. I didnt even know where to begin. She didnt know why I was out in BC so i got to tell her the story of how i got here. I wish i could tell all my friends back at home why i was here, but i havent had the chance yet. It was good to catch up on life with a friend. We have both significantly changed since the last encounter so it was good to touch base again. That night another friend from the summer came to the Garner's so it was a day of meeting people.
Wednesday and thursday were pretty similar in just relaxing and sleeping and watching moives. After three months of waiting i finally got to see inception. It was definitely worth the wait :D. sooooooooo goooooood!
I would have to say on a homework level the week in Surrey wasn't very productive. However i got the rest I so desperately needed. Since the summer i havent really had a break. When i went home before kaleo it was a lot of running around. This week was definitely a week of emotional rest for me. Returning to kaleo i felt refreshed and reenergized. Now to be more productive in homework.
Friday was just the exam for OT. It wasnt too bad. I felt pretty confident about it. Friday night I helped out with youth. To be honest I havent been had the best mindset towards youth. I want to have a different attitude so i went in with a different mindset and actually enjoyed it.
The reason why my title is Wild Goose Chase is because of a book I read. On saturday I went to the office to do homework when I saw this book. I just picked it up and started reading it and before i knew it I had read over half the book. I decided to just finish it and I'm so glad I did. I know I should have been doing homework, but i was so intrigued with this book that I had to keep reading. It really spoke into my life and really it helped with whats been going on. It talked about us chasing our wild goose which is an image for God. We are chasing after God's calling and its going to lead us to different places and let us meet new people. The summer was hard but it lead to me going to kaleo. I think my Wild Goose Chase has led me to this place. I am hungry for God's word and I am getting that here. I still don't know for sure why I am here but I do know I am growing and that im learning tons :)
Hi Uncle MIKE,
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you at Christmas!
Love you,
Phoebe