This week of Kaleo we had a 24/7 week of prayer. We set up one of the rooms to be the prayer room for the week. Each day someone would have an hour slot to pray and to have some down time with God. It was pretty awesome. There was something like this at redeemer last year but i never went. This was really refreshing for me. My devotional life was really lacking prior to this week. It was good to have a set time. I want to take that hour and expand it into the weeks ahead. I hope to set aside more time in prayer and devotions. I knew it was something I had to change and I've really realized it this week. There was a lot going on in the prayer room with words of encouragement, prayers, scripture, and a lot of heart. The week was really good for the community as we laid everything down. We had chapels everyday and a lot of people are able to share their story. I haven't yet but I think my time is coming soon. It also poured into our chapel on tuesdays as we spent a lot of time in prayer and listening and encouraging. I've been listening to a lot of Jon Foreman latley and his one song "White as Snow" has been a constant theme in my life. I need to be washed white as snow and it is happening here. It's been a long 6 months for me.
Summer/Fall has officially come to an end in BC. IT feels like ontario right now but it sure doesnt look like ontario. On Friday night I experienced my first BC snow fall. It was quite ironic as one of the staff members presented a snow watch plan for us and told us rarely would we have to do it and that night it SNOWED! It was pretty exciting. On the way back from the youthgroup I help out we got stuck going up a hill in one of the big vans. It didnt really phase me but to others it was pretty scary. We got saved from a couple fire department guys. It was pretty fun. Reminded me of Ontario. When I got back I got my roommate Erik to come outside and we truly experienced an Ontario winter birthday in BC. It was Erik's birthday so we decided to stay up. Our snow watch was at 2 so we were just like whatever we will stay up. We slid everywhere, made a snowman, through snowballs at each other and others and just had tons of fun running through the snow. We ended up staying up till 4 which was pretty costly as me and erik both got sick :(. I've been fighting off this sickness for a long time and yeah it hit me.
The snow really got me excited for Christmas. As much fun as it is out here, I'm excited to head back home and spend some quality time with the family and friends. I'll be home for a whole 3 weeks so I hope to get lots of missed sleep and rest up and not be tired all the time. Yeah im just excited for christmas. I'm also very excited to see my nieces! I thought I would only be gone for two months and its been 5... I got some pictures of them today so it was pretty exciting. I'm missing out on them growing up. Well until Christmas I have lots of homework to do so hopefully I'll feel motivated to do it all :)
what is snow watch?
ReplyDeletewe have lots of snow out here and its -27 wooo